Your Guide to the Top Online Gambling Sites in the UK
Ready to gamble online? You are? Good!
At OnlineGambling.co.uk we've got you covered with games, guides, bonuses, and reviews of sites so you know who to trust with your money. Whether you are a beginner at online gambling, or a seasoned veteran, our experts are here to help you get the best deals.
On this page we’ll outline what’s on offer here and explain how we can help you land at the best UK gambling sites. We’ll also give you a beginner’s guide to online gambling, which will guide you through the set-up process in an easy-to-follow step-by-step process.
Here’s a breakdown of what’s to come:
- How we rate online betting sites
- Online gambling vs. live gambling
- Identifying the top gambling sites
- Beginner’s online betting guide
- How to use our resources
Our top Recommended UK Online Gambling Sites
18+ only, New customers only. Opt-in required. 100% Match Bonus up to £250 on 1st deposit of £20+. Additional bonuses of up to £250 on 2nd deposit of £20+ and up to £500 on 3rd deposit of £20+. 50x bonus wagering applies.Full terms apply
18+ only, New Customers only. £50 bonus split into 1 x £20 bonus and 3 x £10 bonuses on select casino products. Credit and Debit cards only. Minimum wager of £10 with up to 60 x wagering applicable. Deposit and wager within 7 days of opening new account. Please Gamble Responsibly.Full terms apply
18+ New players. No deposit spins: Registration required. Welcome offer:100% up to £300 + 30 spins Starburst or BerryBurst Max. £5 min. wager to activate deposit spins- all spins expire 3 days from claiming. 35X wagering before bonus or winnings can be withdrawn. £5 max. stake using bonus. Skrill, Neteller deposits excluded from offer. Eligibility restrictions apply. Click for full terms. Please play responsibly - begambleaware.org.
How we found the best online gambling sites across wide criteria
Online gambling sites are not hard to find. There are thousands of live real cash sites competing for your business and as soon as you start searching you’ll be bombarded by targeted ads every time you’re online. We want to help you avoid the scrum and go straight to the top UK gambling sites.
To save you a whole lot of hassle we hired a team of experts to identify the best online gambling sites for UK players. These industry professionals have decades of experience and know precisely what to look for when it comes to online gambling entertainment. By referencing a set of key criteria they have succeeded in bringing you the best of the best.
All of the sites highlighted by us are UK licensed for starters. They have security in place so you can gamble online safely and great customer service. It goes without saying they are also able to deliver first-class entertainment in online betting for UK players.
Why online gambling is better than live gambling
We’re not denying that live gambling is a great experience. The buzz on a real casino floor is hard to beat and there’s something to be said for being able to see the white of your opponent’s eyes when you’re playing a game like poker. But those advantages are outweighed when you consider the enormous benefits when you gamble online for real money.
When you’re gambling online, UK players have the freedom to access the real cash entertainment whenever and wherever it suits. The top online casinos, betting sites and bingo destinations all have great mobile functionality these days, which means you can play anywhere with a good enough Internet connection.
There are other advantages too. Online gambling is much cheaper, with lower stakes available and no other expenses to consider. It’s also more varied due to the fact an online gambling site can offer far more game and sports betting options than a traditional land-based casino. Space is unlimited.
A final point to mention is that online gambling allows to you play and interact with people from all over the world. You could be sitting in London playing in an online poker tournament against opponents from America, Africa and Asia. Oh and we mustn’t forget the fact you can win seriously big jackpots online.
What to look for in a great UK online betting and sports bets site
When we put together this comprehensive online gambling guide for UK players we spent a lot of time contemplating what was really important. We wanted to review UK gambling sites with a clear definition of what represented a quality product, and thus steer our readers faithfully towards a dynamic, and completely secure, experience.
With that in mind we landed on the following key criteria. For a real money gambling site to feature at onlinegambling.co.uk they must deliver in all of these categories.
- Security: This is a no-brainer. You should only ever gamble at websites with full software security in place. A good way to validate this is to check for industry accreditations from bodies such as eCOGRA.
- License holder: Only licensed sites are allowed to offer real money gambling to people in the UK. The UK Gambling Commission regulates and licenses gambling websites, and you’ll typically find license details at the foot of a betting site’s homepage. It’s not safe to play at a site that doesn’t have a valid UK license.
- Strong bonus offers: Bonuses are an important consideration when deciding the online gambling and betting site you want to play at. We only consider sites with generous welcome bonus offers and promotions that reward loyal players who gamble online for real money.
- Good variety: The best casino sites tend to have a wide selection of games on offer. The best sports betting sites will have a big selection of markets to bet on sport with`. If you’re going to commit to a real money gambling site it better have a good mix of entertainment to keep you entertained, because having options is always a great thing.
- Mobile functionality: All the top sites are available for mobile gambling play these days, but not all of them deliver the same product you get on desktop. It’s important to research how your site of choice works on mobile and find out if there are limitations. The really great sites make mobile every bit as good as desktop because they know mobile is where it’s at and where it’s going.
- Reliable and fast banking: You’re going to want an online betting site that delivers efficient banking services and offers a method that’s right for you. Be sure to check that you’re preferred withdrawal and deposit option is available before you sign up, and read up on a site’s banking policy to check on cash out speed.
- Great customer service: Should issues arise you’ll want to know they will be dealt with quickly and efficiently. Look for a site that has 24-7 customer service available and will take your calls or talk to you over instant chat.
How to get started
So you’re ready to embark on your online gambling adventure but you don’t know where to start. Here’s a step-by-step guide to going from online gambling novice to expert.
- Step 1: You’ll start by choosing a site. We’ve done the heavy lifting for you here, so all you need do is peruse our selection and pick out the site that best fits your needs.
- Step 2: Next step is to register and set up an account. This is a simple process that will typically involve validation of your email address.
- Step 3: You’re going to need cash in your gambling online casino account, or online betting account, to get playing. To achieve this just click on the deposit method you want to use and process your first payment. This should appear in your account instantly.
- Step 4: It’s important to consider welcome bonus implications when you make your first deposit. If a match bonus is on offer for your first deposit, you may want to pay in as much as possible to benefit from it.
- Step 5: Some games and sports betting sites require that you download special software to access their games. If this is the case you’ll need to action the download by clicking where directed. If the site does not require that you download software, you’re good to go and play direct through your Internet browser.
- Step 6: The hard work is done, your account is loaded with cash and you’re ready to play. Now all you need is select the game you want to enjoy, or the market your want to make an online bet on. A few quick clicks and you’ll be gambling for real money online.
- Step 7: So you’ve had some fun and happen to have a good amount of cash in your account. If you want to withdraw some of it, all you need do is trigger a cash-out to your destination of choice. Expect this process to take between 3-7 days and be sure to read the site’s terms and conditions as they apply to withdrawals.
How we look out for you and help you
Onlinegambling.co.uk is not a real money gambling site. We’re not here to take your money, only to help you enjoy the safest, most entertaining online gambling experience available to UK players.
This is a completely free resource that has been designed to give you all the key information you’ll need when gambling online. There are pages on everything from game rules, to banking details, gambling site guides and beyond. Our aim was to build out the most thorough guide to online gambling ever available and we’re confident we’ve succeeded.
Lean on this resource and you’ll avoid the dangers of online gambling and betting. You’ll be directed to the best sites online and we’ll give you all the tools you need to enjoy a worry-free (and hopefully lucrative!) experience in UK online betting and gambling, getting the top sports betting and gambling odds online.
Online casinos can come in many shapes and sizes and some of them can be designed simply to steal from innocent players. These usually look shady right from the start and they tend to promise the moon and the stars just to get players to deposit their money.
After that, they can illegally share personal information or just not allow customers to withdraw funds from their accounts.
It is highly recommended to avoid the casinos listed below:
Are all types of gambling legal in the UK?
The United Kingdom has a long and happy relationship with gambling including its online version. The Gambling Act 2005 is a bulky load of legalese, but it is a comprehensive overview of the legal status of gambling in the UK.
The long and short of it is that the vast majority of forms of internet betting, for you as a customer or player, are perfectly legal. The gambling operator or bookmaker must hold a license to operate and abide by the rules of the Gambling Act, however. Needless to say, all of our recommended online casinos are fully licensed, legal and safe.
Who is the regulator?
Gambling in the United Kingdom is regulated by the UK Gambling Commission. This was created by the Gambling Act 2005 and is the body responsible for regulation of almost all forms of gambling, including the UK National Lottery.
One exception to the UK Gambling Commission’s oversight is spread betting online, which is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Is real money gambling safe?
Is real money gambling safe?
Furthermore, all banking transactions run by online betting operators must meet certain criteria, and third-party companies are routinely employed to run checks and safeguard players in the UK.
What payment method is recommended?
The quickest and safest way to deposit and withdraw money to an online casino in the UK is via bank transfer. Almost all of the biggest UK online casinos will accept the major debit and credit cards.
Alternatively, there are a variety of internet-based payment methods, including ewallets such as PayPal or Neteller, that are eligible to be used at online casinos. The exact banking methods accepted differ from site to site, however.
Can I play on a mobile device?
Mobile gaming is a huge industry, and the online betting UK operators know this. Lots of the best UK online casinos have a mobile platform available, whether a simple HTML5 site or a dedicated, purpose-built app.
Are all types of online betting and gambling available on mobile?
This question depends on the particular online casino, but the major operators will have mobile casino experiences that aim to closely match their desktop counterparts. However, you may find that some games you can play on your computer are unavailable to play on mobile for one reason or another.
Is it possible to practise for free?
Certainly. It’s always better to dip your toes in the water than to dive right in, which is why most of the best UK online casinos will have a play money option where you can acquaint yourself with their games without making a real money deposit.